ONLINE SHOP | 0 GAUGE 7MM SCALE | PARKSIDE DUNDAS PRODUCTS | PARKSIDE DUNDAS (ROLLING STOCK KITS) | LONDON MIDLAND & SCOTTISH RAILWAY
Product Code: PS08
100 of these wagons were built in 1929 to carry beer traffic. The slatted sides and ends would help keep the valuable contents cool in warm weather. An unusual feature of this design was the provision of independent brake gear on both sides instead of the more common 'Morton' type brake gear. Exact details of workings are not known, but their use on the Burton on Trent to St Pancras 'flow' has been recorded. Examples lasted into the early 1960's.Transfers for LMS and BR.
Product Code: PS07
This is one of the first goods van designs used by the LMS, which built over 2,500 in 1924 - 1926. The design is basically Midland Railway and has a steel chassis with a 9 foot wheel base. They were to be seen until the early 1960's, when shorter wheel base and non vacuum braked merchandise wagons disappeared largely from the scene. Transfers for LMS and BR.
Product Code: PS09
The LMS built 3,450 of these vans at their Wolverton Works in 1929 - 1931. The Company had clearly become a convert to ventilation by this time (cf PS07) as it sports four torpedo roof ventilators and two bonnet end vents. It was also an early example of corrugated steel ends being used in van construction. Common until the early 1960's. Transfers for LMS and BR.
Product Code: PS10
The LMS had a flirtation with steel bodied vans in 1929 - 1930, when it had 1,000 built by various contractors. There were detail differences between batches, chiefly in door and headstock detail. Our kit represents the 150 built by Charles Roberts. Although the steel body idea was not repeated, the wagons lasted as long as their wooden bodied contemporaries Transfers for LMS and BR. into the early 1960's.
Product Code: PS18
400 of these vans were built at Wolverton Works in 1927 and 1930 to carry fresh meat. They would normally run in express freight trains, but they were also fitted with through steam heating pipes allowing them to be marshalled within passenger trains. They were largely supplanted by containers but could be seen until around 1960.Transfers for LMS and BR.
Product Code: PS114
1,000 of these vans were built between 1952 and 1930 to carry ripening bananas from ports, such as Avonmouth, Garston on the Mersey and London to inland warehouses. The vans were steam heated by means of through pipes from the locomotive. The steam heating was done away with in the 1950's and after this the steam pipes were removed as were the end ventilators. These vans lasted in service until the early 1960's. Includes Transfers for LMS and BR periods.
Product Code: PS40
Developed from a Midland Railway design, 950 of the vans were built between 1927 and 1931. After Nationalisation their use spread to other areas of BR, particularly ex LNER lines. By the 1950s they were commonly seen on local trip and branch line freights. In the 1960s some were transferred to the Civil Engineers fleet, where a few lasted into the 1990s. Withdrawal from ordinary traffic had taken place by the early 1970s. Transfers for early and late LMS periods and post 1948 BR.
Product Code: PS111
849 of these vans were built exactly to a Midland railway design (diagram 1240) bewtween 1924 and 1927. They all had hand brake only.It is possible to build diag. 1656 vacuum braked vans of 1926/27 by replacing the sides of this kit with those of PS40 . Contact us for details of extra parts.The LMS had a lot of Midland Railway influence in many of its earlier rolling stock designs not least its Goods Brake Vans. Our models are of types, which although built in the 1920s lasted through LMS times and indeed were quite common until the 1960s, by which time they had also spread into ex LNER areas. Vans transferred to the Cilvil Engineers fleet were still around in the 1970s.
Product Code: PS42
8,500 of this type were built in the 1920s for carrying general goods traffic. The design is derived from Midland Railway practice but features a steel chassis. These were classified as common user wagons and journeyed well off the LMS system. Many lasted into the 1960s. Transfers for early and later LMS and BR
Product Code: PS20
This wagon is a development of the standard LNER Plate wagon design. The two bolsters are removable and thus the wagon can revert to a Plate. The LNER built 1,050 from 1943. The LMS ordered a further 1,050 from 1945 and a final LNER batch of 100 were delivered in 1949. BR built two batches in 1949, 200 each of the LNER and LMS designs. In the 1950's many lost their bolsters and continued as Plates, although examples with bolsters lasted until about 1970.Transfers for LNER, LMS and BR 1950's and 1960's /70's.
Product Code: PS22
This wagon is the standard LNER Plate wagon of 1937. Almost 1,000 were built before the changeover to welded construction from 1940 (kit PS19). The LMS also adopted the LNER riveted design in 1944 for a batch of 250 before itself going for welded construction. Withdrawal took place in the late 1960's and 1970's.Transfers for LNER, LMS and BR 1950's and 1960's /70's.
Product Code: PS112
These vans were built in various batches in the 1930's. During the Second World War further building took place with a batch also being made for the LNER. The first BR gunpowder vans were also constructed to this design in the late 1940's and early 1950's. Most lasted in this form until the late 1950's by which time they had been converted to vacuum brake operation. Transfers included for LMS (post 1936 and wartime), LNER and BR.
| home | top | back | © 2009 Parkside Dundas, Millie Street, Kirkcaldy, Fife, Scotland, KY1 2NL Tel/Fax . +44 (0)1592 640896